Location: Milwaukee, WI
The Account Planner is BVK’s brand architect and customer insight “lead”, with five primary responsibilities:
- Oversee brand planning research studies: competitive audits, stakeholder interviews, consumer research, trends audits, and uncover opportunities within the brand landscape
- Build impactful value propositions and brand positions capable of producing breakthrough marketing ideas
- Craft insightful creative briefs
- Create in-depth audience profiles for core segments
- Develop powerful connection/engagement strategies based on deep insights
- Work with the analytics team to identify key performance metrics and architect measurement plans
- Gaining a comprehensive context for brand strategies by analyzing a wide range of information, including demographics, psychographics, socio-economics and the market for the client’s product.
- Commissioning research from BVK Research and Analytics departments to inform brand and communications strategies, using both qualitative methods (such as focus group discussions and structured interviews) and quantitative methods (such as demographic profiling and questionnaires).
- Clarifying poignant insights rooted in research to guide brand strategy.
- Crafting brand platform and activation tools: positioning, messaging, internal and external strategies, etc.
- Authoring clearly defined briefs that contains concise information on the product, audience and strategy, so that the team can develop extraordinary ideas.
- Presenting conclusions and ideas to clients and other agency staff.
- Analyzing and interpreting data to evaluate the effectiveness of brand communications.
- Passionate about building extraordinary value propositions and brand positions.
- Reduce a complex challenge to a very simple, “why didn’t I think of that” insight.
- Passionate about the social sciences, and have a relentless curiosity for exploring why people do what they do.
- Artfully combine the needs of the client, the demands of the market and the values of the audience, and write briefs that will inspire extraordinary work.
- Search for trends and new ways of evolving brand and communication strategies to meet the needs of a dynamic marketplace.
- The ideal candidate is ambitious, showcases exceptional thinking, demonstrates strong presentation skills and has 6-10 years of experience in a brand strategy setting. Agency experience is preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefit package. Casual/fun working environment.
bvk is an EOE/M/W/Vet/Disability.