Location: Milwaukee, WI
The Associate Market Research Director is passionate about market research, hands-on with research design and execution, and dedicated to the goals of the agency, its clients, Insight team members and fellow bvk employees. Collects and analyzes data to evaluate existing and potential brand strategies/products/services/markets/campaigns. Manages the execution of large and small-scale research initiatives and projects. Oversees the day-to-day direction of qualitative, quantitative and secondary research projects, and plays an integral role in nurturing key internal and client relationships.
- Proactively manage overall project quality, including: study and survey/qualitative design, study execution, related client calls/meetings, and report/analysis
- Responsible for selecting the appropriate methodology and supporting techniques to meet business objectives
- Write and sell qualitative and quantitative research plans/proposals
- Craft research instruments (questionnaires, interview guides, communication audits, etc.)
- Develop banner plans/data analytics plans, and run appropriate statistical tests/technique/analyses
- Work closely with vendors and other research/planning staff to ensure the successful execution of fieldwork
- Review and analyze collected data, interpret data, author reports and make actionable business-oriented recommendations for the sponsoring client
- Master of project management and execution ensuring deadlines, budgets, and deliverables are met
- Develop strong client partnerships to provide critical thinking and points of view to help guide client strategy
- Understand marketing strategy, goals for client brands, and brand strategy in order to effectively monitor and manage market research activities to those ends
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, business or social sciences or a related field—master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years leading quantitative and qualitative research engagements for clients B2C research required, B2B research experience a plus
- Expertise with qualitative and quantitative market research, digital measurement, and data analytics
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills with internal and external clients
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite – proficient required; expert preferred
- Broad knowledge and experience with diverse set of research methodologies/types including segmentation, customer satisfaction, brand research, advertising effectiveness studies, etc.
- Mid to advanced level of knowledge and hands-on experience with statistical package such as SPSS is required
- Academic and practical experience with array of new product, brand, advertising and customer satisfaction methodologies
- Prefer research supplier and/or agency expertise, in addition to client-side roles
- Vast knowledge and experience with common and advanced market research methodologies
Compensation & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefit package. Casual / fun working environment.
BVK is an EOE/M/W/Vet/Disability.