We are seeking an enthusiastic, detailed, and motivated individual with proven administrative abilities in human resources and excellent customer service. The HR Administrator supports human resource, accounting and recruiting functions within BVK. This opportunity is located in Milwaukee, WI.
BVK’s HR Administrator’s Responsibilities:
- Maintain employee-level personnel records, files and information in strict confidence.
- Provide a high-quality employee experience, working closely with department leaders and employees.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of employee benefits.
- Assist employees with benefit related questions including prescriptions, claims, new ID cards, etc.
- Assist with bi-weekly payroll processing.
- Assist with recruiting and ensure practices follow applicable laws and company policy.
- Maintain accurate and complete records/logs to prepare the annual Affirmative Action Plan (AAP).
- Post and maintain open positions on company ATS (Applicant Tracking System), internet job boards, and campus recruiting websites. Actively seek new and relevant internet job board posting opportunities.
- Schedule candidate phone screens and onsite interviews with hiring team, secure interview feedback and track all interviews to ensure no candidates are dropped in the candidate pipeline.
- Maintain detailed notes on the hiring managers’ open jobs, relevant candidates’ salary expectations, interview responses, and other relevant topics for quick reference.
- Coordinate response to candidate questions regarding recruiting, applicants, and general HR policies.
- Send incoming new hires electronic new hire paperwork via e-Onboarding tool. Prepare new hire and termination paperwork and booklets.
- Assist with organizing the Employee First Day schedule and effectively present new employees with a first day tour of the building.
- Assist with reporting and compliance items, such as 1095’s, W2’s, workers’ compensation insurance audit, monthly audit of employee insurance premiums.
- Work closely with the Accounting department to coordinate items such as ACH information for employee expense reimbursement, or employee changes to title/client bill rate.
- Assist Accounting department with vendor-related activity, as needed.
- Coordinate job fairs – secure internal attendees, registration and organize collateral.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related fields plus 1-3 years of professional level experience in Human Resources or Communications.
- Highly organized and extremely detail-orientated to adhere to deadlines.
- Employee experience orientated, with excellent verbal, written and listening skills.
- Able to multi-task and take direction from various departments.
- Knowledge of current HR practices and laws required.
- Knowledge of how the various facets of HR are interconnected.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Working knowledge within an ATS, e-Onboarding module, and Payroll system
The ideal candidate aligns with BVK’s core values:
- Have the energy, enthusiasm and willingness to take on new roles and tasks
- Complete work in a timely and consistent manner
- Take personal responsibility for job performance
- Shows a high level of self-motivation
- Willingness to work with a variety of different people during the day and coordinate across the organization
- Actively listen
- Ability to work and adapt in a fast-paced & ever-changing work environment
- Pay close attention to detail, analyze problems by effectively gathering & organizing all information and then come up with an appropriate solution
- Look for new ideas to support and improve existing HR and recruiting processes and share recommendations
- Adhere to organizational policies and procedures
- Maintain confidentiality
- Meet deadlines and other work-related requirements
- Act as a positive ambassador of BVK to candidates and employees
- Set realistic expectations and prioritize. Communicate updates or changes in advance and as needed.
- Embrace change and succeed in an environment where diversity is valued
- Able to adapt to changing work environments, work priorities, & organizational needs
- Cooperate with their team and the entire company as a whole
- In this role, you’ll have access to prospective and current employees. Share feedback, concerns, and ideas with your leader.
- Set priorities
- Organize time and resources to meet the set priorities
- Willing to become an expert in the HR tools you’ll use in this role
BVK is EOE/M/W/Vet/Disability.