If you are eager to learn, motivated to succeed and looking for an advertising internship that gives you real-world experience on the business-side of an agency, then BVK may be the place for you. The Paid Media Intern will learn the ever-evolving world of helping advertisers find their audience across a variety of media channels and tactics.
This candidate is responsible for assisting the media planning and buying teams plan, implement and monitor client campaigns being executed. Duties range from media research and ad trafficking/reporting to media buy data entry and client presentation creation.
An opportunity for the candidate to use this internship to gain practical work experience to reinforce specific knowledge gained through college education.
Internship Timeframe: This posting is for BVK’s Summer 2019 paid media internship position which will last June 2019-August 2019.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The paid media intern will be asked to assist the media planning and buying teams with planning implementation and execution across all client accounts at BVK.
- Research: Assist in research projects including media consumption, latest media trends and competitive research through a variety of in-house research tools and data sources both independently and collaboratively with media team members.
- Advertiser Trafficking: Create and manage campaigns in third party ad server, traffic tags to appropriate vendors and QA all ads trafficked for appropriate creative and landing pages.
- Client Reporting: Utilize analytical skills to create and distribute client facing reporting; assist in conducting post-campaign analysis, including key insights and working directly with Media Buyers to spot campaign performance trends and lend recommendations to increase campaign performance.
- Data Entry: Work within BVK’s internal buying and invoicing system, trading desk and third-party ad server to monitor media, reconcile invoicing and assist in broadcast auditing.
- Client Deliverables: Assist in the creation of client-ready deliverables including point of views, media research, proof of performance summaries and PowerPoint presentations.
- Current college student or recent graduate majoring in business, marketing, communications, advertising, or related field
- Intern experience at a digital media agency, advertising/creative agency, and/or social media company is a plus
- Ability to work, on average, 20-30 hours per week for the timeframe duration listed above
- An interest in math, statistics and research is a plus
- An interest in gaining practical work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal and organization skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Work effectively in fast-paced environment
- Must be proficient at Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
POSITION PHYSICAL COMPETENCIES
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to find, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- General office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
bvk is EOE/M/W/Vet/Disability.