Role of the Position:
The programmatic manager is responsible for overseeing and helping launch, and manage, campaigns using demand-side platforms and social media platforms to deliver positive outcomes for our clients. An ideal Programmatic Manager is a self-starter, numbers-oriented, analytical thinker who is able to creatively leverage data to drive results and achieve client goals and objectives while overseeing a group of individuals with programmatic trading responsibilities.
- Oversee small group of programmatic and social traders and provide mentorship/training and guidance.
- Provide strategic input to digital planning / buying team and lead trading desk practice from the standpoint of an internal vendor/partner.
Campaign Management & Optimization
- Implement and manage day-to-day programmatic buys across multiple Demand Side Platforms and social media platforms in a self-service manner. Includes, but not limited to, setting bid strategies, performance monitoring, identifying and implementing optimizations (by target audience, content, geographic area, etc), providing proactive recommendations and program insights.
- Deliver actionable audience and optimization-based insights at agreed-upon cadence.
- Analyze 1st and 3rd party data to create custom audience segments for cross-channel use
- Work closely with brand teams to provide insights and recommendations that align with, or enhance, strategy/business goals.
- Understand performance objectives and KPIs, and develop successful programmatic strategies.
- Serve as an expert on all aspects of programmatic planning and campaign management processes, RTB, exchanges, and ad networks
- Collaborate with Tech, Data, and Inventory partners to ensure that features, assets, and other elements necessary to successfully utilize their products are properly executed and delivered in a timely fashion
- Serve as the thought leader at BVK, sharing articles, POVs and incremental opportunities on a regular basis
Types of Candidates we are Looking for:
- Strategic thinking and business sense
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Some team leadership experience
- Positive and proactive working style
- A strive for excellence
Qualifications and Technical Competencies Required:
The Programmatic Media Manager must have solid understanding of the programmatic buying landscape and have hands-on experience building and optimizing campaigns. We are looking for someone who is comfortable thinking strategically and analyzing performance in a continually evolving, dynamic environment.
- Expert knowledge of digital programmatic buying with hands-on experience using demand-side platforms for large-scale clients for multiple years. Preferred experience with using The Trade Desk, Adelphic, Basis (Centro), and Salesforce DMP.
- Working knowledge of the holistic digital landscape: video, display, social, programmatic and marketing analytics
- Working knowledge/experience in setting bid strategies across RTB and PMP (private and preferred) inventory
- Proven technical and analytical aptitude, with a curiosity for testing and innovation
- Proficient in Excel, with demonstrated ability to organize and consolidate multiple data sources for analysis
- Ability to self-manage, juggle multiple priorities, and pay strong attention to details
- Proactive mindset and the ability to meet multiple objectives in a fast moving, entrepreneurial environment
- BA/BS in advertising, marketing, business or related field required
bvk is EOE/M/W/Vet/Disability.