The Senior Market Research Analyst is passionate about market research, hands-on with research design and execution, and dedicated to bringing insightful recommendations to the agency, its clients and fellow employees.
Collects and analyzes data to evaluate existing and potential brand strategies, creative platforms, etc. Assists with the execution of large and small-scale research initiatives and projects, as directed. Day-to-day responsibilities include qualitative, quantitative and secondary research projects, and is instrumental in nurturing key internal and client relationships.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Consult with clients and agency teams about project requirements and objectives
- Assist team members in designing and executing primary and secondary research projects by using best-in-class research techniques and methodologies, providing project updates, and delivering above and beyond client expectations
- Proactively oversee project quality, including: study and survey/qualitative design, study execution, related client calls/meetings, and report/analysis
- Responsible for setting and adhering to timelines, ensuring cross-agency team members know their roles, and works across all departments to exceed client and internal expectations
- Through day-to-day client and agency interactions, listen for business opportunities and proactively provide client recommendations on potential solutions, research enhancements, and alternatives given their needs
- Responsible for selecting the appropriate methodology and supporting techniques to meet business objectives
- Write and sell qualitative and quantitative research plans/proposals
- Craft research instruments (questionnaires, interview guides, communication audits, etc.)
- Analyze data and develop insightful conclusions to advance the client’s business.
- Present insights and recommendations to internal and client team members.
- Develop banner plans/data analytics plans, and run appropriate statistical tests/technique/analyses
- Work closely with vendors and other research/planning staff to ensure the successful execution of fieldwork
- Implement and oversee qualitative, quantitative and secondary research projects from start to finish
- Use multivariate and custom analyses to maximize the power of data, utilizing SPSS, SAS, or similar software
- Distill large amounts of data into concise, impactful deliverables that address business implications
- Provide focus group moderation and one-on-one interviewing (in-person, online/virtual)
- Solve challenging problems by applying research methods in innovative ways
- Anticipate clients’ needs/requirements and proactively manage situations and expectations to resolve any issues
- Any other tasks and projects as assigned by management
Mindset & Outlook
- Master of project coordination and execution ensuring deadlines, budgets, and deliverables are met
- Comfortable collaborating across all levels of our agency; your input will be critical to the satisfaction of our clients
- Curious and inquisitive about human motivations, behavior, values and needs with a desire to understand why people do/say what they do
- Having strong communication skills, a creative mindset and a passion for decoding audience behavior are also critical for success in this position.
- Right/left brain mindset – able to tell a story through analysis and provide value added insights and consultation beyond what is directly requested by the client or agency
- Demonstrate exemplary professional behaviors, exhibit and forge positive outlook and influence on clients, Insight team and cross-functional team members
- Demonstrate desire/drive for continuous improvement
- Develop strong client partnerships to provide critical thinking and points of view to help guide client strategy
- Entrepreneurial and independent, but also a collaborator and valued team player
- Understand marketing strategy, goals for client brands, and brand strategy in order to effectively monitor and manage market research activities to those ends
- Client partner: Proactively communicate with and update clients through process
- Vendor management: Effectively manage research vendors
- Team collaborator: Advise peers and assist with ad hoc requests as appropriate
- Expertise with qualitative and quantitative market research, digital measurement, and data analytics
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills with internal and external clients
- Strong interpersonal skills—able to build and maintain strong positive internal and external relationships
- Data analysis expertise of a seasoned analyst but the ‘big picture’ thinking of a strategist
- Creative thinker and storyteller who can distill complex data into meaningful strategies
- Create powerful Word and PowerPoint deliverables using data visualization, headlines, and stories
- Strong experience in statistical analysis and using SPSS, SAS or similar software; strong Excel skills
- Advanced analytics skills for business applications (segmentation, driver, consumer choice analytics)
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, business or social sciences or a related field—master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years quantitative and qualitative research engagements for clients
- B2C research required, B2B research experience a plus
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite – proficient required; expert preferred
- Handle multiple clients/tasks in a fast-paced environment, under tight deadlines
- Balanced left brain analytical skills with right brain story-telling orientation to uncover insights from data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with fellow team members and clients
- Broad knowledge and experience with diverse set of research methodologies/types including segmentation, customer satisfaction, brand research, advertising effectiveness studies, etc.
- Organized, efficient but flexible with ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines with demanding quality requirements
- Team-oriented, collaborative individual who can oversee a project, as well as be a team member
- Mid to advanced level of knowledge and hands-on experience with statistical package such as SPSS is required
- Academic and practical experience with array of new product, brand, advertising and customer satisfaction methodologies
- Prefer research supplier and/or agency expertise, in addition to client-side roles
- Vast knowledge and experience with common and advanced market research methodologies
Compensation & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefit package. Casual / fun working environment.
BVK is an EOE/M/W/Vet/Disability.