We are seeking a seasoned, confident VP Advisory – Healthcare with proven ability to engage clients in business planning and strategy development. Functions as business “visionary” – partnering with client from a thought leadership, innovation and growth perspective. The Vice President is expected to get deep into client’s brand and business and understand their business objectives as well as industry and competitive dynamics. We’ll prioritize candidates with knowledge of the healthcare industry from working with clients or within the industry in a marketing capacity.
The Vice President will maintain and expand a broad network of industry contacts and be adept at connecting and leveraging relationships for new business growth. On a daily basis, this leadership position leads and collaborates other Account Management team members who are tasked with managing all facets of advisory and implementation on time and on budget. This position is located in our Milwaukee, WI.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead interface with client from a business planning and strategy perspective.
- Manage a group of large/complex accounts, oversee client relationship and business management strategy.
- Draft annual marketing plans and long-range strategic plans for assigned clients.
- Manage overall client budget, sets income goals for each account and ultimately is responsible for delivery of income.
- Primary interface with clients when reporting fiscal performance and is responsible for securing incremental funding if projects move beyond scope.
- Responsible for organic growth associated with assigned clients.
- Approve monthly billing based on the advice of client Account Team.
- Responsible for developing, coaching and mentoring team members.
- Contributes to agency thought leadership in the Healthcare space and helping to direct the activities of the vertical.
- Presents at conferences, webinars and client events on relevant topics and develops/maintains relationships with industry organizations other partners to help identify or create visibility opportunities. Includes association volunteerism to develop relationships and visibility.
- Contributes to new business development efforts through individual connections, personal and organizational visibility and by leading new business pitch efforts if asked to do so.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Leadership experience in a healthcare industry organization desired
- 10-15+ years of agency and corporate marketing experience (at least some agency or consulting experience is necessary)
- Experience in acquiring business for agency/consultancy
- Strong knowledge of the healthcare industry and history of thought leadership, article writing/blogging, speeches/webinars
- Expert relationship management skills
- Expert ability to counsel clients on a broad range of brand, marketing and operational issues
- Excellent writing and presentation skills; can stand before senior leadership and boards of directors and command the room
- Preferred expertise in marketing research and deriving strategic business and marketing insights.
Personal characteristics: entrepreneurial, genuine, ego-balanced, team-oriented and results-driven, consensus-builder, accountable
BVK is EOE/M/W/Vet/Disability.