We are seeking a seasoned, confident leader with proven ability to engage clients in business planning and strategy development. Functions as account “visionary” – partnering with client from a thought leadership, innovation and growth perspective. The Senior Advisor is expected to get deep into client’s business and understand their business objectives as well as industry and competitive dynamics. He/she possesses a deep knowledge of the travel and tourism industry from either the agency or client-side working on destination management organizations or supplier side travel companies.
This position works collaboratively with other Account Management team members who are tasked with managing all facets of tactical implementation on time and on budget.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead interface with client from a business planning and strategy perspective.
- Manage a group of large/complex accounts, oversee client relationship and business management strategy. organic
- Draft annual marketing plans and long-range strategic plans for assigned clients.
- Manage overall client budget, sets income goals for each account and
ultimately is responsible for delivery of income.
- Primary interface with clients when reporting fiscal performance and is responsible for securing incremental funding if projects move beyond scope.
- Responsible for organic growth associated with assigned clients.
- Approve monthly billing based on the advice of Account Supervisor.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring teams where appropriate.
- Contributes to agency thought leadership in the travel vertical.
- Presents at conferences, webinars and client events on relevant topics.
- Contributes to new business development efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred
- 12 plus years of agency or corporate marketing experience
- Deep knowledge of the travel & tourism industry
- Expert relationship management skills
- Consensus builder
- Expert ability to counsel clients on a broad range of both marketing and operational issues
- Expert knowledge of marketing research and ability to apply insights to strategy and performance
- Excellent writing skills, able to publish white papers, blogs, etc.
bvk is EOE/M/W/Vet/Disability.